PaintBar Madison. PaintBar Delafield
Chocolate Ice Cream
– 2 cups milk
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons corn syrup
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
– 7 egg yolks
– 6 ounces chocolate, melted
– Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes.
– Strain the mixture into a bowl and stir in melted chocolate. Place in the refrigerator until cold, a few hours at least.
– Put the mixture into an ice cream machine and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
– For a firm texture, pack the ice cream into containers and leave in the freezer overnight.